Things To Know Before Getting A Tattoo
First have a basic idea of what you want and a general aesthetic or style. You might have a meaningful reason why you want to get tattooed, or you might just have an interest in bringing your body a new aesthetic, or perhaps there is an artists work you love.
Ensure the artist and shop
This tattoo will be a collaboration with your chosen artist. Try to find someone whose work you respect and admire. It is important that the shop is licensed by local council as well as holding a state tattoo licence. Each artist should be individually licensed too. A quick Google search will show you what your state’s rules and show you licensing details for any artist or shop. At Paragon Tattoo all applicable licenses are up to date and visable on our walls.
Take a look at general health and sanitary practises
Any reputable tattoo shop should smell like disinfectant and have clean workstations and floors. Artists are required to use single-use needles and ink to avoid any cross contamination. This also applies to gloves, bandages, swabs — anything that your artist might use must be new or sterilised.
Gage courtesy at the shop and feel free to ask if the artist you are looking at offers consultations
Take note of the general professionalism and personality of the shop and the artist.You are about to trust someone to create a piece of artwork to live permanently on your skin and in order to do this, you have to be confident with the artist and their work.
You want your artist to be into your ideas and enthusiastic, or at least understand your passion. But remember, because you like their portfolio, they may not want to work with your ideas. This can happen sometimes when your ideas and style do not align.
When the overall atmosphere in the shop is not fine-tuned or not suited to you, it's good to move on to the next one. Just be sure to thank the artist, before you see your way out.
• Find your shop & artist. Talk about their rates and set up a consultation. Check out some of our latest work here: https://www.paragontattoo.com.au
• Meet the artist to discuss your design ideas and your expectations.Confirm with the artist on the final design and get an idea of cost.
• Pay your deposit and book in your tattoo appointment! If you would like to see your design before your appointment let your artist know. If changes are made, a follow-up consultation can be scheduled to look at the final design before your tattoo tattoo appointment.
• In the 24 hours before your tattoo appointment limit alcohol consumption. Make sure you have some food before you come in
• Bring photo ID, you must be over 18 to be tattooed in Australia and by law we must visably sight your ID.
• Plan to wear something to keep the area exposed and easily accessable during your tattoo session.
• Feel free to bring along some headphones to keep you distracted.
• Bring along some water and snacks to keep your blood sugar levels up.
• After your have been tattooed your Artist will give you aftercare advice. You can also find our preferred instructions here: https://www.paragontattoo.com.au/aftercare
If you have any questions at all get in touch with your artist before your appointment. If you would like to meet with any of our artists here at Paragon Tattoo get in touch here: https://www.paragontattoo.com.au